Houston’s MKT Bar: Great Food, Drinks, and Vibes. It’s their old-school music,good-looking people, and fantastic food that keeps people coming back. When asked if I wanted to check out the new menu at MKT Bar in downtown Houston, I couldn’t say no. Not only because of my LOVE for food but also because MKT Bar is one of those places that brings me so much joy — MKT Bar is an #InnerLoopGem and single gal’s BEST FRIEND!
When I arrived at the event, I was instantly greeted with a glass of their Melon Cooler cocktail. The #PrettyPink summer drink is a mix of Prosecco and their house-infused watermelon syrup! The drink was so light and refreshing that I had 2 of them!
Now that the drinks were flowing, we were taken on a special tour of the Phoenicia Specialty Foods Market. In case you didn’t know, MKT Bar is located inside the grocery store! The tour was given by Ann-Marie Tcholakain (daughter of the Bob and Arpi, the store owners) which was a special treat because you could feel her passion towards the specialty market. The minute she started telling us the history, I knew this was more than just a place to buy specialty goods, Phoenicia is her home, her heart, and her family.
Now let’s get to the real reason you’re all here….The Food! The foodie in me is excited to tell you about some of my favorites.
- Braised Lamb Tacos – Shredded mole-braised lamb in tannour flatbread with fresh fennel, cucumber, and orange salsa, topped with yogurt-minted sauce.
- Lebni with Garlic Diva Olives – Lebni is a classic Middle Eastern dip or spread made from strained yogurt. Drizzle with spices and olive oil and dip with fresh veggies and pita chips for a refreshing appetizer.
- Beet and Goat Cheese Terrine – Roasted beets layered with herbed goat cheese on a bed of mixed greens with Sherry vinaigrette.
- Gigi’s Banana Pudding – Silky banana pudding and homemade wafer cookies with a twist of pineapple jelly.
- Wachau Gruener Veltliner – Medium bodied, elegantly balanced white wine; listed as one of the top 10 white wines in Austria.
- Veg Out Pizza
- Pulled Pork Belly Sandwich
- Roasted Half Chicken
Thank you to MKT Bar for creating such a wonderful experience from the minute we walked in the door. Thanks for the laughs, the goodies, and the LOVE!