I’ll soon be leaving the Houston humidity for the tropical paradise that is Puerto Rico. It’s a vacation that is MUCH needed. This will be my second time visiting Puerto Rico and it’s one of my favorite places to visit. PR has great food, shops, people, weather, and most importantly, it doesn’t cost that much to vacation there!
The main purpose of my trip is to celebrate my dear friend’s wedding. But that doesn’t mean I can’t go exploring the town while I’m there, right?
In order to have time for everything I want to do, I made an itinerary of “musts,” and boy do I plan to do them all!
- Get lost in Old San Juan — Explore the great local shops and restaurants.
- Sample Some Local Food — Must try the lechon, mofongo, exotic tropical fruit, & rum drinks.
- Hike a Tropical Rain Forest — This usually means El Yunque National Forest, but there are others here, too.
- Best Beaches: You must go to la Isla Verde. You can also visit Balneario Monserrate in Luquillo, or Playa Puerto Nuevo.
- Go Deep Into the Caves: Cueva Ventana is one of my favorite caves. Rio Camuy Caves Park is also good.
- Take an Adventure: Ziplines, ATVs, Rappelling, Hang Gliding, Horseback Riding.
- Nightlife: Dance till 5am at Club Brava!
- Relax! After all, it’s a vacation! — Open up to cultural differences and new experiences. Slow down. Relax. It will get done when it gets done. Leave all expectations at home. Just let it be.
Ohh, and let’s not forget the must have wardrobe essentials! Here are a few things that I’m taking with me on my trip.