It’s that time of year again…..Lafayette’s Latin Music Festival! This is one of those events that I travel every year outside of the loop for. No better way to celebrate Hispanic Heritage month than this.
I used to host the event several years ago and it was the best time! Here are a couple of pictures:
The 2015 Latin Festival will feature the following:
1. Arts and Crafts will be given a large beautiful room in the Museum/Gallery.
2. UL Students and the general public will attend a Panel of Discussion about Latinos in Lafayette, their roots, family lives and their role in the community. This shall start promptly at 5 PM.
3. In collaboration with Le Centre International and as part of an ongoing program with the Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities, we will screen the “Peril and Promise” episode of the critically acclaimed PBS series “Latino Americans” with a discussion of public opinion, on its content.
4. Youth performances shall be smaller and shorter than in the past but will include singing and dancing with Segovia Dance Company.
5. Finally, but never left out there will be live Latin music for everyone to dance and enjoy.
And, to get you in the mood for a little salsa and cumbia dancing….Enjoy this new song by Bomba Estereo and Will Smith called Fiesta.